Running the Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon?
Come join us to Run For A Cause
The University of Melbourne Alumni Association Singapore (“UMAAS”) is pleased to announce that it will be supporting the Run For A Cause (“RFAC”) program held in conjunction with the Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon 2009 (“SCSM”) to raise funds for the Bukit Ho Swee Family Service Centre.
The Bukit Ho Swee Family Service Centre is a community based focal point for family resources that promotes and strengthens the well being of families in distress. In this uncertain economic time, any assistance to the needy families would be welcomed.
UMAAS members who are interested to support this charity can register for RFAC as follows:
- register their name by 2 September 2009 by responding that they will be attending this event in our facebook event page and write on the wall, their facebook name. Our committee member will contact you via facebook to get your details for registration
- pay UMAAS a flat registration fee of $55 per person (regardless of category of run). UMAAS will register participants under the banner of UMAAS Running Team. For those that have already registered for the SCSM, they can transfer their registration to the UMAAS Running Team to enjoy this special rate or to help with the charity fund raising (please note that payment of $55 will still need to be paid to UMAAS and the rebate on the registration fee already paid will be done directly to the participant by SCSM). To encourage more members to run for charity, registered participants that are paying less than $55 will have the difference between your registration fee already paid and $55 top-up by UMAAS.
- a donation card will be provided for members to seek donations until 30 October 2009. Should UMAAS be one of the top 5 donating organization, all participants registration fee will be refunded.
- For those that are not running, you can still do your part for charity by seeking donations. Please contact us via facebook for a pledge card.
Why register with UMAAS:
- UMAAS will be providing free running vest for the first 25 members who sign up for RFAC.
- Runners will also automatically participated in the Non-profit Distance Challenge under the UMAAS Running Team
- UMAAS will be establishing a training program for all participants. Details will be provided later once confirmed.
- You will still be entitled to all benefits of individual registrants in SCSM
Don’t hesitate anymore… quickly sign up for the event and see you at the race day.
For further information or clarifications, please contact Han Low via his facebook email account.